News From Freshly Pressed Published Author Ashlee Bratton
The number one question people have asked me during the last two weeks while launching Life Before The Lottery: Living Beyond the Bucket into the published and public world is, “When’s the next book? Is there going to be another one?”
This of course puzzles me. These encouraging and sweet questions are coming from people who are standing in front of me to get this author’s first freshly pressed book, but really, how do they even know that this one’s even worth their time and money, let alone if there should be a second one that’s worth engaging in? People are cute. As humans, we want to know when the next good thing is coming, even when we haven’t fully enjoyed or realized what’s right in front of us.
Before we get to the possibility of a second in the series, I’m still trying to wrap my mind around the events of the last few weeks. I am still in awe. For not having a clue on what I’m doing, I have to at moments take a step back and smile at the doors of opportunity God’s opened up as I am stepping out on this book dream and stepping in to the role of author.
After three launch events in Colorado engaging and celebrating in local Colorado book stores and encouraging supporters of all things books and bucket list, I’ve been surprised with even more unexpected “book successes.” So what’s been happening in this girl’s world?
- Pre-release toast at the Rio Grande Club
- Book launch party at the Denver Book Bar
- Book signing at the Bookworm of Edwards in Vail Valley
- Amazon release
- Launch of new website and blog AshleeBratton.com
- A full front page High Life story in the Vail Daily
- A lovely article in the local San Luis Valley Courier
- Interview on TV8’s morning show with Trisha Swensen (left my sunglasses on my head in true Ashlee fashion. Awesome.)
- Blogged about and got some on-air love by the lovely radio lady, Emily McKenzie of Mix100’s Dom & Jane show
- Mentioned in the Denver Post of the launch event at the Book Bar
- 1 hr radio interview on Toginet regarding all things photography and author photos
- Speaking engagement with the Town & Country chapter of the Women’s Federation
- Reviewed by “Well Traveled Day“
- CALCON Librarian conference – pitching the book into libraries
Big boys in the publishing world might roll their eyes at all this, but for this girl, all this is new to me and I am so excited and still pinching myself on all the love and support shown for this. It takes a village to publish a book, and it takes even more to launch it into the wide wide world of readers. I am so grateful for the reach-outs, favors, ideas, and plugs by all those rooting for this. Keep ’em coming! This is just getting started, far from over, and I need you. Still wrapping my mind around being termed “author” and jumping at every chance at learning the publishing ropes, but I look forward to what’s next. I stand amazed.
As for what’s next…there just might be another book on the way. *devilish grin* But first, let’s see if I can catch up with the first one!
Along with completing 29 of the 30 things on her 30×30 list, her writing contributions include numerous publications such as Vail’s EAT magazine, creating a 56 page Visitor Guide for a mountain ski town, blogging and guest blogging, being featured in multiple newspapers and e-zines, and various other projects.
Currently, she keeps her camera in hand in Southern Colorado, is a complete and total foodie, and takes plane rides for fun. She likes things that go.